Led by Ciaran Mundy, Bristol Pound CEO.
- Introduction and a summary of the Bristol Pound scheme approach (5)
Looking for partners across sectors: Food, Energy, Transport, Housing, Public Health and Finance.
Key characteristics of strategic partners:
- Willing and able
- Trusted by the community you are targeting
- Broad influence across the potential membership (major employers, Local Authority, Utilities)
- They share mutual interests/goals
- They hold or represent shared values with those in your organisation
Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 could play an important role for public service commissioners interested in the role of alternative currency.
- What is the purpose of your strategy to engage larger organisations?
- Which key institutions would you approach (what sectors of the economy do they cover?
Useful links about the Social Value Act:
Inspiring and Creating Social Value in Croydon
A Social Value Toolkit for Commissioner
Saving money by doing the right thing
Why ‘local by default’ must replace ‘diseconomies of scale’